Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Another new home??

Few days ago, while browsing through my potted plants especially those tall shrubs..I noticed there's a new bird nest in the making. Other than the swift that have been sharing our home for almost two years now, this new resident bird home is totally not related to the former.

Firstly, the nest are totally made of dried grasses and twigs and secondly, it is located in between the branches of my slightly tall Dracaena Surculosa var Punculata (commonly known in Malay as Pokok Buluh Jepun, indirectly translated as the Japanese Bamboo). Till now, I have not seen the owner of the nest..could be it has been abandoned for various reasons.



I also discovered another possible 'home', which is stuck in between my blooming purple bougainvillea shrub.


Last but not least, the tenants that have been sharing the corner of my home for almost two years..increasingly by the day.



4 comments:

Becky said...

I have always heard that a bird nesting on one's home is a sign of a happy and lucky home! Your home is really blessed!!

As always - thank you for the beautiful pictures!

BIZZY said...

You're most welcome Becky. Thank you once again for visiting my blog.

As for your comment, that's the same comment that our elderly next door neighbour told us. In fact, he was so surprised to see bird nesting at almost every corner of our rented house since his house next door, there's not a single bird nest to be seen.

MOH KEMBARA said...

Salam,
Nice story and nice pix. Is it the same species that yarn the nests that you make soup into? Different variety huh?

BIZZY said...

Waalaikumsalam...
I don't think they are the same birds but maybe from the same family.
These birds yarn their nests from small twigs & dried grasses.