Sunday, April 20, 2008

My current experiment!!

It has been a while since I posted any development to this blog...my last few weeks have been quite tiring and emotional. We are very sad on receiving news of my spouse's father being seriously taken ill to a hospital back home. Due to some personal matters to attend and with children attending school, only my spouse will be able to return to our homeland after hearing the news. My father-in-law passed away peacefully during the wee hours of Monday morning, 7th April 2008 in his hospital bed. To all muslims who read this, please pray for his soul to be rested peacefully among the pious and may ALLAH bless his soul...Al-Fathihah for Allahyarham Hashim Bin Mohamad.

Recently, involving some members of the GCS, we are experimenting on the seed growing project of Sinningias, a beautiful flowering plant which usually favours the cool temperature. With the kind generosity of one of the pioneer member of GCS, the seeds were distributed to other members who are interested to participate in this project. These seeds are really 'minute' and germinating them really needs one's patience. I've sowed my seeds this week and the waiting game begins for the first sprout to emerge..well, I'm really excited about it.




Thanks Kak Mona for the seeds as well as for the pots of other plants that you sent me. As you can see, the Episcia flower bud is already in full bloom and soon I will propagate the two stolons to other pots. I just love the cute African violets and the unique heart-shaped leaf of the Hoya Kerrii.



During those weeks, two of the pitcher plants are producing unique blooms. Up till now, the blooms are still intact with the colour changing from light to darker maroon. I guess, with all these unique plants producing blooms...they are just happy to be here together with the other plants in our potted garden.

3 comments:

coolcat said...

you're very welcome, my dear :) btw, it's hoya kerrii. hope they grow well for ya.

coolcat said...

terlupa tadi....my condolences to your family on your recent loss. Al-Fatiha buat your fil, semoga rohnya dicucuri rahmat dan di tempatkan bersama org2 yg beriman...amiiin...

BIZZY said...

Oh yes, its hoya kerrii..the triple alphabets 'rri' looks like the alphabet 'm'..eh,eh,eh. I'll do the amendment. Terima kasih di atas ucapan takziah utk my fil, dia ada lah seorang yang baik and I really respect him. Semoga ALLAH mencucuri roh nya dan di tempatkan bersama org2 yang beriman...Amin.